A decade ago or so, plastic pallets were the most popular option. However, they weren’t environmentally friendly. Hence, wooden pallets (from hardwood and softwood) replaced them. They’re now the most popular options. Having said that, your choice of pallet manufacturer is very important and it’s not easy to find the right manufacturers. So, in this guide, we have mentioned the many ways in which you’ll be able to identify a trusted seller and the many uses of wood pallets. Dive in!
How to Pick a Pallet Manufacturer?
Whether you’re a commercial seller or an end-user, the quality of pallets you’ll buy will depend upon the trustworthiness of the manufacturer. So, in order to ease the process, we have mentioned a few factors in the following sections that will help you in determining whether or not a manufacturer is worth your trust. Have a look!
- Trusted Manufacturers Take Quality Very Seriously
Only a handful of wood pallet manufacturers such as Spec Wood have a very stringent quality check procedure.
- They visit every single mill they’re associated with in order to ensure that the pallets being manufactured are strong and sturdy.
- They derive raw materials from real spruce and oak. A few other softwood and hardwood options they use include pinewood, aspen, and maple wood.
- All their pallets are properly heat treated and compressed to the right thickness.
- Trusted Manufacturers are a Team of Many Professionals
Manufacturing high-quality wood pallets isn’t a one-person job. It requires the collection skills of experts in log harvesting, sawing operations, wood grading, marketing, manufacturing, logistics, distribution, and much more. Besides, manufacturers such as Spec Wood have the aim to build trust between sellers and their customers. Hence, they never compromise with quality.
What are Wood Pallets Used For?
First off, wood pallets come from hardwood and softwood. Naturally, it’s of two types: softwood pallets and hardwood pallets.
On that note, let’s take you through the pointers to explain what wood pallets are majorly used for.
- Hardwood and softwood from cedar and spruce are used to make fences.
- They are used for wooden flooring.
- They can also be used to build wooden cottages.
For commercial purposes, wood pallets can be used to build crates and bins to transfer goods. These are but a few examples only. If you’re looking forward to buying wood to build fences or pallets, do visit the Spec Wood website since they’re the leading manufacturers of high-quality products.